How the business is marketed should be outlined at the recruitment planning stage. This is often seen as time consuming and ignored but I cannot stress enough how important this is.
This is your opportunity to ensure the message the recruiter has is correct and influence how that message is defined. The hallmark of a good recruitment campaign will go further than matching a CV to a job description.
How we market a business to candidates is bespoke, will be agreed with you beforehand, and will generally include:
- Validate your requirements and fit for the business;
- Identifying the candidate profile;
- Know the business;
- Be clear on the opportunity and business ‘value proposition’;
- Use the correct language;
- Build a candidate pool;
- Ensure a consistent message throughout the candidate experience; and
- Follow up with you and the candidate.