Saj Akbar is proud to present an exciting opportunity for a commercially minded Financial Controller to join a high profile corporation.
Looking after a key area of the business, you will provide full support in all aspects of balance sheet and p&l management, financial planning, analysis and reporting to support the senior management team. This role will have a focus around contract management, delivery of strategic objectives and business partnering.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who enjoys customer facing role and is able to deliver in a fast paced and challenging environment. The role requires travel to other network sites across the UK and overnight stays will be required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Full financial control and administration for the business
- Management, supervision and development of the finance team
- Business partnering with Account Director, General Managers and external customer
- Completion of month-end internal & customer management accounts reporting packs
- Lead the monthly finance review with the customer
- Present, challenge and review weekly results with operational management team across the UK wide network
- Production of weekly/monthly operational reports for the customer
- Preparation, delivery and sign-off of annual budgets and rolling forecasts.
- Ad hoc month end analysis work to support the business area Financial Controller
- Maintenance and creation of management reporting spreadsheets
- Evaluate and prepare capital and lease investment proposals
- Producing costing models for contract projects and initiatives
- Provide financial support & guidance to the operational management team
- New business appraisal and evaluation, support of existing customer renewals.
Qualifications and Skills
Due to the varied nature of the role, we are seeking an individual with the following comptencies and experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with significant experience of working in a commercially driven environment
- Experience of FMCG, supply chain or logistics sectors
- Strong excel and financial modelling skills to manipulate large volumes of data (advanced)
- High level of communication skills/stakeholder management.
- Demonstrable evidence of a customer facing role is advantageous
- Experienced in team management and development
- Entrepreneurial spark and ability to work successfully in a complex structure.
Please submit your CV for immediate consideration quoting SXA465853.