Saj Akbar is proud to present a career defining opportunity for a Finance Director to join a long standing UK manufacturer. This award winning business has been voted ‘best in class’ by industry experts and their reputation for excellence is second to none.
This role as Finance Director is a thrilling opportunity for an innovative finance professional with the skills, knowledge and aptitude to lead this business on its successful journey.
Reporting directly to the managing director you will be responsible not only for the financial control and administration of the business but commercial and strategic optimisation.
Key responsibilities (not limited to)
- Provision of regular and timely financial information to the business and the board
- Management of an ambitious and dedicated team to deliver a first class finance function
- Provide financial support, analysis and commercial input to ensure the ongoing success of the business
- Preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for the business
- Management of capital expenditure ensuring ongoing observance to budgets/policy
- Key finance representative at all board meetings and warranting the presence of finance business meetings
- Graduate calibre with a formal accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, ACMA)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior finance positon. The appointee may not have held the finance director title but must have the gravitas and experience to operate at board level.
- Appreciate the importance of all aspects of the business from the factory floor to the boardroom – experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment would be advantageous
- Able to build strong relationships with the managing director, understanding the business challenges and be able to provide ongoing practical support and advice.
- High level of analytical skills, interpreting trends, understanding the market and having the strength of character to challenge when appropriate.
Please contact Saj Akbar for a confidential discussion or submit your CV for immediate consideration.